IKO Level 1 Beginner / Discovery 125 €
- Know safe wind directions and conditions for kiting
- Know hazards on a spot
- Set up a trainer kite
- Know the use of safety systems
- Have basic flying skills with trainer kite
- Launch and land the trainer kite with an assistant
- Twist and untwist the lines while flying the kite
- Walk and change directions while flying the kite
- Know the wind window
- Set-up a 4/5 line kite with a full de-power system
- Pre- flight check equipment and settings
- In flight check equipment and settings
- Understand and use the international communication signals
- Launch and land the kite to an assistant and as an assistant (4/5-line de-power kite)
- Control the kite hooked into the harness
- Understand the de-power system and can use the safety systems
- Advanced flying skills with the de-power kite
- Show full control of de-power systems in flight
- Pull quick release and activate leash Recover the bar and kite Self land
- First body drag downwind
IKO Level 2 Intermediate 125 €
- Enter and exit the water independently and safely while controlling the kite
- Water re-launch the kite
- Maintain correct kite position in the wind window
- Change direction to the left and right while body dragging
- Recover the kite and bar in the water
- Upwind body drag to recover board
- Upwind body drag holding the board with one hand
- Enter and exit at the same point while upwind body dragging
- Know the power stroke for a water start
- Know the safety rules and theory for water start
- Can put the board on the feet and maintain the correct position for water start
- Water starts in both directions and ride a short distance
- Come to a controlled stop
- Understand weather forecast, tidal- and wind effects
- Determine the wind strength, direction and quality
- Know the right of way rules
- Know equipment set up and choice according to the weather conditions
IKO Level 3 Advanced 125€
Advanced Lessons are tailored to suit each individual. Advanced Lessons can be for riding upwind, transition turns, jumping, tricks or surfboard riding.....whatever level you are, we work with you.
Ultimate Kiteboarding Course ,,Zero 2 Hero" (level 1 + 2 ) 225 €
Our most popular!
This course to give you a full taste of the kite and board! This is run over 3 days
Private courses are charged at 35 € per hour. On private courses there are no discounts for taking more than 1 level.
When you are a student learning at an IKO Affiliated Kite Center with IKO Certified Instructors, you receive an IKO Member Card as part of your training package.
The IKO Member Card certifies your skill level and verifies your progression as you continue to train and develop. Your IKO Instructor signs off on each level you achieve from Discovery Level 1 until you reach the Independent Level 3.
This way, any future schools, instructors and shops know how competent a flyer you are. Some kite centers require that you present your IKO Member Card to be able to rent equipment, which is a great way to promote safety.